Friday, June 3, 2011

More Boulle...


We must shift out of our house next week, but this mild inconvenience didn't stop me from bringing this cabinet home when I saw it. Readers will know that I have a soft spot for Boulle. I plan to put this piece in the same room as the Boulle clock, on the opposite wall, with one of the Chagalls above it (the juxtaposition of old and new French artisans hopefully a stimulating combination).

Below: Detail of a gilt adornment...


Because of the move We shall be off the blogging grid for a couple of weeks. So, dear readers, à la prochaine fois. David.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say had I seen it first I would have bought it. Even if I had no place for it, I'd hold it in my lap. Beautiful, like your style.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...